Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror

Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror - Regina Puckett Regina Puckett’s Short Tales of Horror
Short but full of shocks, atmosphere and real horror
I can start by saying I loved this book. I love horror movies and I love to read horror novels and stories, so this one was right up my alley. The stories are different enough to suit most tastes, from monsters, to ghosts, from slashers to dolls (clowns even, horror of horror!). After reading `Mine' that I found scary and unsettling, I knew I was in for a good ride. I know from Ms. Puckett (I follow her on Twitter and she's a great follow) that she has now written and published the continuation, `Ours' and I'm looking forward to it. As I've said the stories are varied but I noticed that many have female protagonists (might be perpetrators and/or victims) and men tend to suffer sometimes the female rage, sometimes pay the price for not taking women's concerns seriously. Some of the stories are pure horror in the best tradition (like `Mine' or `Inheritance'), but others like `Pieces' are horrific and tragic whilst touching on really serious issues (domestic violence). And what about `Will Work for Food' and its dark (humorous?) comment on the crisis? I won't talk about the stories in detail as I don't want to spoil the surprises but can thoroughly recommend the book to everybody who likes horror and does not scare easy (unless you like to be scared, of course!). I have read one of the author's romances and also really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to her new works. And the ones I haven't read yet.